2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup water
15 Zucchini Flowers
1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
1 tsp chilli flakes
1/4 cup plain flour (gluten free if possible)
1/2 cup mineral/soda water (cold)
3 cups cashews, soaked
1/2 cup Vegan Nutritional Savoury Flakes
1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
17 fl oz Coconut Oil
1 tsp Himalayan Salt, plus extra
2 tbsp Chicken Bone Broth Homestyle Original
1. First make the cashew cream cheese by combining cashews (which you should ideally soak overnight, but for at least 20 minutes if you're pressed for time), garlic, apple cider vinegar, vegan nutritional savoury flakes, lemon juice, 1/4 cup water, Chicken Bone Broth powder, and salt (to taste), in a high speed blender until smooth. This will make a fair bit of cashew cream cheese, you will only need 1 cup, so save the rest and use as a dip!
2. Stir in chopped herbs and chilli flakes.
3. Take your zucchini flowers and carefully remove the yellow stamen from the centre of the flower.
4. Open up the zucchini flower petals trying not to rip them, and gently place in one teaspoon of the cashew cheese mixture. Twist the petals together and then lay on a tray. Repeat until all the zucchini flowers have been filled. Place in the fridge until required.
5. To make the batter mix the flours together and add the cold soda water. Mix together and get ready to coat the zucchini flowers.
6. Dunk zucchini flowers into the batter. Make sure you get a light coating on the whole zucchini including the flower. We dunked in the batter and put straight into the coconut oil to fry, as quick as possible, as the batter is so light that it tries to slide off. You may need to add a little more plain flour if the batter isn't thick enough to stick well. Fry for a minute max. Sprinkle with Himalayan Salt and serve immediately!