We're all about making our foods work for our bodies, and believe that the best meals are a combination of deliciousness and benefits. This Thai Style Roast Pumpkin soup combines rich and bright flavours together with beautifying benefits, which is always a winning combo in our books
Pumpkins are a great food for beauty. Their rich orange colour is due to the pigment beta-carotene, which is an antioxidant and precursor to Vitamin A. Vitamin A and skin go way back, as it helps to regulate cell turnover. It supports healing, reduces congestion and helps to protect the skin from oxidative damage.
We've also included a serve of our Vegetable Broth Garden Veggie which provides a dose of Zinc which contributes to maintaining skin structure, support wound healing, and support healthy hair & nails.
1 whole kent pumpkin, chopped into chunks
1 red onion, cut into wedges (approx. eighths)
4 cloves garlic
2 tbsp store bought vegan curry paste*
1 bunch of cilantro, stalks finely sliced, leaves set aside
1 thumb size piece of ginger
1 can coconut milk
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 kaffir lime leaf
Juice of 1 lime
Pinch of Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
* Preservative free vegan curry paste can be found at asian supermarkets and health food stores.
1 tbsp Vegetable Broth Garden Veggie
1. Preheat oven to 390ºF, layout pumpkin, onion and garlic on a baking tray.
2. Drizzle with 1 tbsp melted coconut oil, season with a pinch of salt and bake for 20 minutes until roasted and caramelised.
3. In a large pot, fry ginger, coriander stalks and curry paste with 1 tbsp coconut oil.
4. Add roast vegetables, vegetable broth, kaffir lime, lime juice, water and 1/2 coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Use a bar mix or blender to blend the mixture until smooth. Then season to taste.
6. Mix ripple through the remaining coconut milk and garnish with coriander leaves.