This scrumptious dish brings a whole heap of zesty and spicy flavours to the table, guaranteed to rock your tastebuds. We’ve chosen quinoa rather than couscous for this version to up the protein content and ensure you are getting a good dose of all your essential amino acids.
Chickpeas are another source of protein and ½ a cup also contains over 100% of your recommended daily intake of folate (so if you needed an excuse to eat more hummus, here it is). Tahini is also a good source of iron, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin and niacin (so many reasons to eat hummus!). We have also included our Chicken Bone Broth, which adds more B vitamins and tastes amazing.
The spices are anti inflammatory and contain heaps of antioxidants. The citrus gives you a dose of vitamin C, great for your immune system, and also helps to make the plant sources of iron more bioavailable.
Serve with mint tea to complete the Moroccan vibes and dig in!
1 Sweet potato
2 tins organic chickpeas, drained
3 garlic cloves, grated
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground ginger
Juice of ½ Lemon
1 orange, halved
½ bunch of mint
1 avocado, halved and sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 large scoops of organic hummus
2 tbsp organic natural yogurt
2 handfuls of baby spinach
¼ purple onion, thinly sliced
1 cup quinoa
1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
1 tbsp Chicken Bone Broth Homestyle Original
1. Preheat oven to 390ºF
2. Slice sweet potato into thin rounds, drizzle olive oil and salt, place on a lined baking tray
3. Chickpeas cover in spices, (reserving 1 tsp ground cumin) garlic, olive oil, lemon and ½ tsp salt, place on a lined baking tray.
4. Bake both trays for 20 mins, set aside.
5. Cook quinoa with remaining cumin and broth according to packet instructions
6. When the quinoa is fully cooked, fluff with a fork and squeeze in ½ of orange juice and season with a pinch of salt.
7. Cut the other orange half into small segments and stir through the quinoa with chopped almonds and mint.
8. Serve divide all ingredients into 2 bowls, serve hot.