The term 'eat the rainbow' has never been more important than when coming into the cooler months.
The vibrant colour of produce and wholefoods is an indication of the vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients unique to that colour, so including an array of colours from plant sources helps ensure we are getting a well-balanced diet inclusive of every nutrient we need to thrive.
So a bowl of colourful veg atop rice cooked in our Chicken Bone Broth (hello zinc and b vitamins, thanks for all the immune support), is a delicious way to ensure that you're nourishing and supporting your body in the most delicious way possible.
The best part about this recipe is that you needn't follow it to a tee, feel free to substitute veg if you aren't able to find it, as long as your plate is colourful you're nailing it!
1 large piece of hot smoked salmon, broken into bite-sized portions
1/4 pumpkin cut into cubes
1 sweet potato, cut into cubes
3 carrots, cut into quarters lengthwise
1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
2 cups uncooked rainbow chard, spinach, or silverbeet
1/4 cup sprouts
juice of 1 lemon
3 beetroot or radish sliced into thin rounds (we used golden beets and watermelon radish)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup Basmati Rice
Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
Vegan Nutritional Savoury Flakes
3 tbsp Chicken Bone Broth Homestyle Original
1. Cook rice according to packet instructions, add in 2 tbsp broth powder and a pinch of salt.
2. Preheat oven to 390°F.
3. Place cauliflower florets and carrot on a lined baking tray with 1 tbsp olive oil and pinch of salt.
4. On another lined baking tray, place sweet potato and pumpkin with 1 tbsp olive oil, pinch of salt and 2 tbsp vegan savoury flakes.
5. Roast veggies for 20 minutes or until lovely and caramelised.
6. In a pan, heat 1 tsp olive oil then add in the chard, 1 tbsp water, 1 tbsp broth powder and 1 pinch of salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until just cooked.
7. Arrange all ingredients on a plate, squeeze over lemon juice and serve.