With Spiced Turmeric Rice and Green Goddess Dressing
Dairy Free |
The term ‘eat the rainbow’ couldn’t be more appealing with this eye-catching bowl of goodness! We got a little spiralizer happy with this one, but if you don’t have this device on hand, you can cut the veggies into julienne strips or even buy some fresh store-bought spiralled veggies.
For a vegan option sub out the salmon and replace with tempeh, and use our vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
1 carrot, spiralled or sliced thinly
1 zucchini, spiralled or sliced thinly
1 beetroot, spiralled or sliced thinly
Half a head of broccoli florets
2 pieces of fresh wild caught salmon or 7 oz of tempeh
1 cup Basmati Rice
For the green goddess dressing:
3 tablespoons coconut milk
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 garlic clove finely chopped
½ cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
4 tablespoons fresh basil roughly chopped
4.2 fl oz extra virgin olive oil cold-pressed
1 tbsp Chicken Bone Broth Homestyle Original
1. Heat the spices in a pot with a little olive oil and cook for a minute of two until fragrant. Add the rice and fry again for another minute. Add in 1 & 1/2 cups boiling water and the broth powder, and cook to packet instructions.
2. Place the avocado, coconut milk, lemon juice, garlic clove, parsley, basil, and 1/4 tsp of salt in a food processor or blender and process until well combined. With the motor running, slowly pour the olive oil in a thin stream and process until the dressing thickens and the herbs are finely chopped.
3. Toast the nuts and seeds, then stir through the cooked rice.
4. Fry the broccoli in little olive oil until slightly charred.
5. Sear the salmon in a frypan with some sesame seeds, cooked to your liking.