1/4 cup Kimchi
1/2 packet of thick rice noodles
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 lime, juice freshly squeezed
1 tsp sesame oil
A selection of vegetables, we used:
Black sesame seeds, to garnish
1 tbsp hemp seeds
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 cup Basmati rice
1 tsp coconut oil
1-2 tsp Velvet Latte
1 tbsp Chicken Bone Broth Homestyle Original
1. Preheat oven 428ºF.
2. Prepare your vegetables, place in oven and roast to your liking.
3. Begin cooking the turmeric rice. Place 1 tsp turmeric powder into a pot and fry for a few seconds until fragrant.
4. Add in coconut oil and rice and fry for a minute or two. Add in 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to the boil along with a tbsp of broth.
5. Cover and reduce heat to low for 10 mins or until rice is cooked.
6. Season and set aside. - Note we rolled ours into sushi with some of the vegetables as filling, but you can also serve it as is.
7. For the pink noodles, cook the noodles according to packet instructions.
8. Make a paste with the velvet latte and a little water.
9. Drain the noodles, add a couple of tablespoons of cold water to the noodles and the velvet latte paste. Carefully mix through until all the noodles have become a pink colour. Add more if you want a stronger colour.
10. Then season with lime juice, sesame oil and a little salt.
11. Slice the remaining veggies then serve everything in a bowl all together! Enjoy!!