We’re channelling all the summer vibes with this tasty tropical dish! It may look fancy served in a pineapple boat but don’t be fooled, sans the styling it’s actually super quick and easy to make, and a brilliant light week-night dinner, perfect for using up any leftover cooked chicken, but also relish as a vegetarian meal.
1 cup Quinoa
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup cashews
2 cloves garlic - diced
1 thumb size piece of ginger - grated
2 tbsp tamari
3 tbsp coconut milk
1 tsp fish sauce
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 mild chilli - thinly sliced
1 small cucumber quartered and chopped
1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves
1 cup of leftover chicken - shredded
1/2 pineapple cut into small chunks
(or to serve in a pineapple boat: 1 whole pineapple cut in half, with the flesh removed and half cut and set aside for the stirfry)
2 tbsp Chicken Bone Broth Homestyle Original
1. Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions, adding chicken bone broth into your cooking water.
2. Heat coconut oil in a pan, add in chopped pineapple, garlic and ginger, fry for 2 minutes to soften and caramelise.
3. Add in leftover chicken and cashews, cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
4. Add in cooked quinoa, chilli, tamari, coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice, cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Take off the heat, add in cucumber and mint leaves, stir to combine then serve!
6. Season with a little more tamari or lime juice if desired.