If everything was glazed in Miso, the world would be a better place! Miso brings a delicious umami flavour to everything it touches, it contains B vitamins, Vitamin E and K, essential minerals such as copper, manganese and zinc plus it's a fermented food so is a probiotics and great for supporting a healthy gut microbiome. We have also included a serving of kimchi in this dish which also brings those fermented and probiotic benefits! Nori is a great natural source of iodine, which is needed for thyroid function.
Pumpkin and broccolini both provide a source of beta carotene which converts to a vitamin A and is great for eyesight and skin. Spinach contains fibre, folate, and iron and pepitas are little nutrition power houses contain iron, magnesium and are a source of protein.
This bowl of orange and green is easy to make and so tasty and satisfying whilst also providing a huge range of essential nutrients. Enjoy!
2 tbsp kimchi
1 sheet nori, cut into thin strips
1 cucumber, cut into slices
1-2 handfuls of baby spinach
3 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Basmati Rice
1/2 cup quinoa
2 tbsp pepitas
2 tbsp Vegetable Broth Garden Veggie
1. Preheat oven to360ºF.
2. Cook rice and quinoa according to packet instructions adding vegetable broth to the cooking water.
3. Place pumpkin moods on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and spread over miso paste and salt then place in oven for 20-25 minutes or until lovely and caramelised.
4. Once the rice and quinoa are cooked, place in a bowl with tamari and sesame oil.
5. Meanwhile, add 1 tbsp olive oil to a pan on a medium heat, then add broccolini and garlic, and fry until broccolini is just tender.
6. To serve, divide miso glazed roast pumpkin, rice and quinoa, baby spinach, broccolini, kimchi, nori, cucumber, avocado and pepitas to two plates.