This hearty bowl of goodness is so simple to make and is an absolute crowd pleaser! Definitely, a meal to make on those nights when you don’t feel like cooking. It’s all about the balance of salty sour and umami, with a pungent hit of fresh mint to get your taste buds going. The lazy hack here is to use a really good, preservative-free store bought laksa paste. We used a yellow curry paste by MAE PLOY.
1 1/2 tbsp laksa paste
1 lemongrass stick - cut and bashed
2 chicken breasts cut into thick slices
2 cans of coconut milk
1 cup of boiling water
3.5 oz of snow peas
1 cup of frozen peas
1 bunch of fresh mint, leaves picked
1 packet of rice noodles
1 tsp fish sauce
1/2 lime, juiced
1-2 tbsp of fried shallots - store bought
1/2 cup shredded coconut chips
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Chicken Bone Broth Homestyle Original
1. Add laksa paste to a pot with coconut oil and fry for 1 minute.
2. Add coconut milk, boiling water, lemongrass, and broth - bring to boil.
3. Add in chicken, simmer for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Cook rice noodles to packet instructions.
5. Lightly toast coconut chips in a pan.
6. Add in fresh and frozen peas cook for 3-4 mins.
7. Season with lime and fish sauce, taste and make adjustments.
8. Serve in bowls, add noodles, top with mint, pea shoots, fried shallots and coconut chips. We also garnished with a selection of pea shoots but this is not necessary.