1 cup Kimchi
A thumb size piece of grated ginger
1/3 cup tamari
6 garlic cloves - sliced
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 nori sheet cut into strips
2 cups Brown Basmati Rice
2 tbsp Vegetable Broth Garden Veggie
1. Heat the rice in a heavy based saucepan with 2 tbsp of coconut oil on medium for 2-3 minutes. Mix around to make sure all the grains of rice are coated in oil. Add 4 cups of boiling water and vegetable broth powder and boil for 5 minutes. Cover and turn down to a gentle simmer for a further 20 mins. Remove from heat turn rice gently with a fork allowing the steam to escape from the rice.
2. While waiting for the rice to cook prep your veggies to serve with, and fry 4 tbsp of sliced garlic in 1/4 cup of coconut oil until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oil and set aside on paper towel.
3. Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a fry pan and add the rice, grated ginger and 2 tbsp garlic, tamarin and sesame oil. Fry for 3-5 minutes to allow the garlic to cook and the rice to become lightly toasted. Remove from heat and all to cool but not get cold, then mix through the kimchi. This step is important if you want to preserve the probiotics in the kimchi, as if it is too hot the probiotics can be eliminated.
4. Check the seasoning and add little more tamari if needed.
5. Top with nori strips and fried garlic.
6. Serve with a selection of veggies you have on hand. Our Kimchi Fried Rice nourish bowl also featured wilted kale with a squeeze of lemon, toasted pepitas and sunflowers seeds, roasted carrots, fresh greens and a drizzle of Tahini.