10.5 oz wagyu porterhouse (or a beef cut of your choice)
4 cloves of garlic
Large knob of ginger
2.7 fl oz fish sauce
1 bunch of coriander
1 bunch of mint or Vietnamese mint
6 sprigs of spring onion
8.8 oz rice noodles
Couple of handfuls of bean shoots
Sprinkle of fried shallots
2 heaped teaspoons coconut sugar or palm sugar
1.7 oz of Beef Bone Broth Hearty Original
1. Put large pot on stove on high with some oil.
2. Add beef to pot. If using a fatty cut of meat, start with fatty side/edge first as you are wanting to render it down and get as much flavour as possible. After a couple of minutes on fatty edge, cook on one side for approx 2 minutes and season the other side.
3. After a couple of minutes flip steak and season other side, cook on second side for only approx 1 minute.
4. After it has cooked on both sides, set beef aside to rest. Turn pot off heat and bring over to your bench
5. Put 2.1 qt of water in your kettle and boil
6. Finely chop 4 cloves of garlic and a large knob of ginger. Add them and coconut sugar or palm sugar, the zest of 2 limes, 1.7 oz of Beef Bone Broth powder, 2.1 qt of boiled water, 2.7 fl oz fish sauce and juice of 1 lime into a large pot
7. Put pot onto stove top on high heat and bring to the boil. Once boiled, add rice noodles and cook on the lower side of packet instructions as they'll continue to cook as you serve it up
8. While waiting for pot to boil prepare garnish. Chop the tops off the mint and coriander, chop the chilli very finely and mix through the herbs