Get your glow on with a Beauty Nourish Bowl. Nourish Bowls are one of our go-to lazy dinners as they make it so easy to get beauty supporting goodness with minimal effort (effortless beauty anyone?). Salmon is amazing for skin because of the high omega-3 content, which is protective and anti-inflammatory for skin. Broccoli provides more than just a serve of greens, it’s most studied antioxidant is a chemical called sulphoraphane, which has a huge number of health benefits, but has also been shown to improve oxygenation of the skin, promote hair and nail growth and assist the body with its natural detoxification processes. We’ve also chosen to use Brown Rice as the base of our bowl as it’s rich in B Vitamins and Selenium (which is great for healthy hair and nails). We’ve topped our nourish bowl with a bright and zesty orange ginger dressing, which comes with its own beauty benefits. Orange contains vitamin C to protect against free radical damage and assist in collagen production. Olive oil is rich in healthy monounsaturated fats, essential polyunsaturated fats omega 3 and 6 and antioxidants. Olive oil supports skin barrier function, and is anti inflammatory. Ginger & garlic contain powerful anti inflammatory properties as well as great flavour. A bowl full of beauty-supporting deliciousness, what more could we ask for?
1 large fillet of sashimi grade salmon (or smoked salmon if you can’t get sashimi)
1 head of broccoli florets
1 carrot, spiralled
1 zucchini, spiralled
2 oz baby spinach
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup orange juice
4 tbs olive oil
4 tsp finely grated ginger
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp sesame oil
sesame seeds, for topping
1/4 cup Pepitas, toasted
1 cup Brown Rice
1 tbsp Chicken Bone Broth Homestyle Original
1. Cook rice according to packet instructions.
2. Place a fry pan over medium high heat. Add in pepitas (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan - and no oil). Shake the pan every so often to prevent them from burning. Once they turn slightly golden brown (after about 4-5 mins) pour out onto a plate to let them cool.
3. Fry the broccoli in little olive oil until slightly charred.
4. Arrange Salmon, broccoli, carrot, zucchini, spinach, red onion, avocado, rice and pepitas in a bowl all pretty like.
5. Mix orange juice, olive oil, ginger, garlic and sesame oil in a jug. Drizzle over your bowl, and top with sesame seeds.